Friday 12 August 2016

Messy play bag

This morning I have had a fun and relaxing time making and playing with this messy play bag.  Messy play is a great sensory fun experience and it can help children to relax too due to the sensation of some of the items used and how it feels on their hands as they play such as gloop, jelly, chocolate etc.

However there are some children that for whatever reason don't like messy play and so this is a really good idea where they can still join in without the mess.

You will need:

  • A zip lock bag (You can get these in the pound shop or similar, or you can use food bags that close at the top with a good seal)
  • A piece of white paper (which I taped to the back of the bag so that any marks made would be more visible to see)
  • Paint in a choice of colours ( I used acrylic paint but you can use any squirty children's paints you have at hand)











At the end of my play session I opened the bag, popped a piece of paper inside halfway in and smoothed the paint over to take a print.  I loved the way the finished product came out with so many different textures on the paper.

Have fun x



No comments:

Post a Comment