Sunday 15 November 2015

Just out of curiosity.....

Today has been a very nostalgic day indeed with many happy memories flooding back from my childhood.  While chatting with my husband today about my childhood memories of spending happy times with my grandmother who sadly passed away seven years ago, i remembered a picture that she had on the wall in her back living room.

It was a picture of a little girl in a garden with a pear tree.  Very reminiscent of the Pear soap advert posters (for those of you who are older like me).

A song that was sung from this picture poster by my grandmother that was taught to me was the following...

I had a little nut tree
and nothing would it bear
but a silver nutmeg and a golden pear
the king of Spain's daughter
Came to visit me
And all because of my little nut tree 

I hadn't remembered the picture or the sung for a long time....does anyone else recall this song from their childhood?  Id love to hear.

Sarah x

Image taken from: www.fotolibra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment