Babies love posting things into holes and young children love the element of surprise of what's going to come through the other end.
Add some of your child's smaller toys (but nothing too small that could be a choking hazard) such as cars or soft balls etc to make one of the best games. This activity will help develop listening skills as you wait for the toys to roll and drop. If you hold the tube in deferent ways the toys will take a faster or slower time to come through the tube.
How will this game help children?
- To have fun and enjoy taking part in the interaction with you
- Develop their language skills / communication skills - taking turns in the conversation and listening
- Develop concentration skills by listening and watching
- Develop prediction skills - ask the question what do they think will happen next?
What you will need:
- Cardboard tube
- Soft balls or smaller toys (but nothing too small that could be a choking hazard)